Wednesday, September 24, 2008

For the love of God almighty

Its time to go back in time to a certain innocent age, the year is 2005 and the date is May 13th, It is a warm sunny day, and there is not much traffic on the roads,

I have travelled down from Macclesfield where I am working in Dane Ward a low secure unit/ ward attached to the main hospital.

I attend the interview for the North and South Islington crisis team staff grade posts having already ascertained that I am up against 3 others.

I march in to the Highgate unit at around 2 pm and the interview starts without the team manager of the Crisis team in North Islington Ian Griffiths.

The interview has been going for about ten minutes when Ian comes in , in a bright green hawaiian loud shirt and sandals.

Instantly I think mmm why has he attended an interview in these clothes Unfortunately the sun and the fact that I am praying for this job to come in as it is three miles from where I bought a flat in North London in 2001 blinds me to the realisation gained later that this was a bad omen.

The interview proceeds, the man who eventually refer me to the GMC is on the panel a certain Koye Odutoye. As a final gesture they ask me if I have any questions and I ask Ian Is it a happy team, He laughs nervously, If I had had my head screwed on and with the knowledge I have now, I would have now told the interview panel that it should have been a cold day in hell if I was ever going to accept the job.

Unfortunately I was in too much of a good mood, and overlooked it thinking nah hes just joking, oh how wrong I was.

They then asked do you have a preference for North or South I said no preference but the North is nearer I wish I had said the south even though it would have been in Old street and under the congestion charge.


Needless to say I got the job and I stupidly said I would start on June 1st 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment